So now that the technical issues have been mostly dealt with, a status report.
Stocks:
Cash: Around 60k shekels.
Pension: Around 200k shekels.
And a partridge in a pear tree.
Used the opportunity of the recent dip to buy some (relatively) small speculative positions, and realize some losses.
I know it doesn't make much of a difference in the long run, but it still feels nice to buy at a discount.
Still working, I guess partly because I liked the people and I like being useful, partly because sometimes I do get to work on projects that challenge me and give me access to materials that I wouldn't have access to otherwise, probably mostly because I'm a creature of habit and I need change to be imposed on me externally.
Haven't deposited used any of the recent paychecks to buy any stock yet, feels silly dealing with amounts that amount to a rounding error on the daily movements of stocks I already have.
It was easier when I had the block of TSLA, and around 200k worth of VT, but I guess I'll get to it when I receive my first divided with the new amount.
Seeing the rates IB offers for margin sort of feels tempting to go over 100% stock, whats the worst that could happen if I put another 1M shekel worth of borrowed money in VT?
But I'd need to do some more research on the whole setup first.
I've looked into the private equity markets now that I meet the requirements to be an accredited investor, mostly because I'd like to own a piece of SpaceX, and to a lesser extent Neuralink, Planet Labs, maybe Epic Games, if they were available, but it looks like only Planet Labs has had actual stock traded on all the platforms I've looked at.
I'll probably put a pretty decent amount of money in Starlink once it IPOs.
I'm trying to think of what to do next, but the COVID situation still holds everything in limbo.
Still thinking of going to my old plan of going abroad to study, maybe Australia, or Texas, which both have schools with programs I'm at least somewhat interested in.
Somewhere warm in any case.
Or maybe just quit my job and see what I accomplish when I have all that time to myself.
I tried joining a dating site during the lockdowns, to find someone interesting to talk with, but not much luck so far, and after a while it just becomes a blur of faces I can't relate to.
That's about it for now.