• אזהרה: פורום זה מיועד להחלפת דעות בין משקיעים חובבים בנושאים תאורטיים בלבד. חל איסור מוחלט על מתן ייעוץ השקעות פרטי. אין לראות בדיונים בפורום בבחינת יעוץ השקעות או תחליף לייעוץ פיננסי מקצועי המותאם אישית וספציפית למשקיע תוך התחשבות בנתוניו, צרכיו המיוחדים והאחרים, מצבו הכספי, נסיבותיו ומטרותיו. אין להסתמך או לפעול על פי הנאמר בפורום ללא קבלת יעוץ מקצועי אישי מבעל הרישיון המתאים, וכל הנוהג אחרת עושה זאת על אחריותו בלבד. האחריות לאמור בכל הודעה היא על מחבר/ת ההודעה בלבד.
  • חשבון מסחר באקסלנס טרייד : סנט למניה במסחר בארה"ב (מינימום $5 לעסקה), פטור מדמי טיפול לשנתיים, קורס במתנה ובונוס 100 ש"ח למצטרפים חדשים. להצטרפות דיגיטלית לחצו כאן .

טסלה

אינני יודע מה צופן העתיד לחברה באופן ספציפי ולטכנולוגית הרכב באופן באופן כללי, אבל ה"הייפ" מזכיר לי מאד את בטר-פלייס.
אשמח אם מישהו מכיר קצת את הפרטים ויוכל להשוות בין החברות.
לפי דעתי, את הדברים שהוא בנה, פיתח וממשיך ליזום לא ניתן לקחת ממנו
בהחלט ייתכן, אבל כמו הרבה חידושים טכנולוגיים אחרים, לא בטוח שלדברים האלה יש כדאיות כלכלית.

אינני יודע מה צופן העתיד לחברה באופן ספציפי ולטכנולוגית הרכב באופן באופן כללי, אבל ה"הייפ" מזכיר לי מאד את בטר-פלייס.

השוואה מאוד רעה. טסלה מייצרת מכוניות טובות באמת ומייצרת ערך אמיתי לצרכניה. בטר פלייס הייתה קומבינה שמכרה מכונית בינונית מינוס מינוס של רנו שלא יכלה להשתלם בשום דרך למי שקנה אותה. האם מניית טסלה היא השקעה טובה או לא זה דיון אחר.

טובות באמת
אני באמת לא מכיר את המפרט ואופן ההערכה, אז אשמח לשמוע הסבר.
ערך אמיתי
כנ"ל לגבי זה.
אגב, מעבר למכונית עצמה, עדיין לא ברור לי באופן אישי החזון לגבי תשתית האנרגיה החשמלית לגבי הטענות חוזרות, ומהו לוח הזמנים הריאלי ליישום מלא ואפקטיבי של התשתית הזו. שני הדברים (הרכב והתשתית) צריכים לבוא זה בצד זה כדי שהטכנולוגיה תכנס לשימוש המוני (וזה מה שייקבע את הצלחת החברה - האם המכונית נכנסת לשימוש המוני).

I didn't follow Better Place that closely, but the impression I got was their business model was buying a bunch of cars, converting them to electric, and then getting the government to enforce laws that they electricity they provide to charge the cars is magical and is worth more money than the electricity that comes out of your power outlet at home.

Tesla essentially is a highly vertically integrated company that makes and sells cars (and batteries, and solar cells...) at a profit, and their charging network is a support service that's not supposed to generate much profit.

From the capital point of view, I don't know what happened with Better Place, I assume they ran out of money and couldn't get any more.
Tesla is spending a lot of money right now to build up its manufacturing capacity, some have compared this to the growth of Amazon, losses now for bigger earning potential in the future.
My personal belief is it's worth it, and the market can support their cash burn rate until they become overall profitable.

I think that if you follow the news in vehicle electrification, in electrical storage, in solar energy, the trends are clear, it's just a question of, in the case of Tesla, whether their first mover advantage is significant enough to justify their valuation 10 years down the road.​

Sorry for being skeptical, I have nothing for or against Tesla or any other company, I'm just trying to objectively understand the business aspects, so here goes:
To be seen...
their charging network is a support service that's not supposed to generate much profit
it is a crucial service, without which there would be no profit from the cars either.
Tesla is spending a lot of money right now
Can you define "right now"? How long until they are drained out of resources? Could that point in time arrive before enough people buy their cars?
some have compared this to the growth of Amazon
"Hype"...
losses now for bigger earning potential in the future
Now that's an original and mind-blowing business model no one has considered before. Well, except of numerous other companies which were the next big promise, and can now bee found only on history books.

Now that's an original and mind-blowing business model no one has considered before. Well, except of numerous other companies which were the next big promise, and can now bee found only on history books.
Or, you know, any business that ever took on debt to grow, it's just a question of whether it's taken too conservatively, missing the opportunity to grow faster, or too liberally ending up burning through the cash too soon.

Can you define "right now"? How long until they are drained out of resources? Could that point in time arrive before enough people buy their cars?
I'd say within around two years, once Model 3 goes into full production and we see how it performs in the market.
Of course it can, nothing is certain.

it is a crucial service, without which there would be no profit from the cars either.
So far, I don't think it has been that crucial, the Supercharger network has been mainly built so people can take long trips, for day-to-day driving a 400-500 KM range is more than enough when you can recharge at home, and I would imagine charging at home has been an option for the vast majority of owners so far, being relatively rich, and living in places where having your own garage is a reasonable expectation.

It remains to be seen how that that works for the lower priced Model 3, for people who live in apartment buildings, but Tesla still maintains a clear advantage here, they're aiming for 10,000 superchargers by the end of the year while competitor consortiums are aiming for similar numbers only around 2020, they're also able to use independent charging networks that are popping up.

They're claiming 25% profit margins on currently manufactured models.​

מי שמסתובב בקליפורניה ישים לב שההתייחסות לרכבים של טסלה היא מאוד דומה למוצרים של אפל.
כלומר יותר מוצר אופנתי/סמל סטטוס מאשר מוצר שהוא עדיף פרקטית.

אנשים פתחו אוהלים בתור רק כדי לשלם פיקדון על ההזמנה (לא לרכב עצמו) לטסלה 3 , לא ידוע לי על מקרה כזה בכל השקה של רכב אחר.
לא יודע איך אפשר להכניס את זה לחישוב אבל הערך הזה של מותג שווה הרבה , באפט מסכים איתי D:

Doesn't really change my long term positive outlook.
A few points:

Roadster should be a pretty good platform for separating rich people from their money.
The 1000 car limited edition goes for a $250K full price in advance preoder, then the regular edition goes for 50K preoder for a full price of 200K on delivery.
So for the kind of person who'd pay a million or two for a Bugatti, Ferrari, etc, this would be a bargain, and I'm sure they'll be fighting over the right to give Tesla those $250K.

Trucks are looking pretty good, Walmart and some other retail and shipping companies are already making preorders in the double digits.
The trucks have the advantage of being built on some Model 3 parts (motors, batteries, displays), so once the Model 3 production problems are solved, they should benefit from some of the same economies of scale.

People I'm talking to think the range numbers seem to imply a significant improvement in battery density.​

Walmart and some other retail and shipping companies are already making preorders in the double digits.
טיפה בים.
אלה מספרים כ"כ נמוכים ליצרנית רכבים.
ובעצם לכל עסק כלשהו.
GM, פורד, VW - כולן מוכרות 10 מיליון יחידות בשנה.

טיפה בים.
אלה מספרים כ"כ נמוכים ליצרנית רכבים.
ובעצם לכל עסק כלשהו.
GM, פורד, VW - כולן מוכרות 10 מיליון יחידות בשנה.

That wasn't meant to be an indication of how much profit they'll be making, it's just an indication that these companies are willing preorder 15-25 trucks 1-2 years before they start production, because presumably the economics of switching to electric make sense for them and they want to run a pilot program.​

That wasn't meant to be an indication of how much profit they'll be making, it's just an indication that these companies are willing preorder 15-25 trucks 1-2 years before they start production, because presumably the economics of switching to electric make sense for them and they want to run a pilot program.​
או שהם רוצים לקנות אותן כחלק מתקציב יחסי ציבור ובטח יכולות להזדכות עליהן במיסים עקב GREEN CREDITS או שקר דומה..

עזוב מוכרים, מרוויחים.
(וגם לא מסובסדים)

Do you really expect a company that's been around for 100 years to have the same financials as a company that shipped its first product 10 years ago?
Tesla is growing, it's planning to increase its production rate by an order of magnitude with the Model 3 over what it's done with previous models, and it takes a lot of capital to build up that production capacity.
So they take on debt and dilute equity because the market can bear it.

Other car manufacturers get exactly the same subsidies when they produce electric and hybrid cars.
And they get to benefit from the subsidy of untaxed negative externalities from the fuel they burn.​

בטר פלייס הייתה קומבינה שמכרה מכונית בינונית מינוס מינוס של רנו שלא יכלה להשתלם בשום דרך למי שקנה אותה.
אני חושב שבטר פלייס יכולה היתה להיות הצלחה אדירה אילו לא היתה חמדנית.
בהערכה גסה מחיר פלואנס דלק לפני מיסים הוא כ 60 אלף שח, ועם מס של 11 אחוז במקום 90, ניתן היה למכור פלואנס חשמלית בפחות מ 70 אלף שח ולהרויח לא רע בדיוק כמו היבואן הנוכחי שלה.
כמו כן עלות החשמל בטעינה ישירה היתה יכולה להיות 10 אגורות לקמ, אבל בטר פלייס החמדנית יצרה מודל של 55 אגורות לקמ כדי לגרוף רווחים אדירים על הנסיעה.
בתמחור הוגן רבים היו קונים את המכונית למרות מגבלת טוח הנסיעה ותא המטען הקטן כי רוב הנסיעות כן נכנסות בטוח של 100-150 קמ.
רק לסבר את האוזן, אני מחזיק C5, מכונית לא קטנה, ומשלם במחירי הדלק הנוכחיים כ 50 אגורות לקמ

אני חושב שבטר פלייס יכולה היתה להיות הצלחה אדירה אילו לא היתה חמדנית.
מסופקני.
מדובר לכאורה על חליבה של כסף מאנשים עם מעוף ובלי מוח.

• אהבתי
Reactions: Roi
כמעט בכל דיון שאני מנהל עם מישהו שמוכר מניות בחסר או קונה אופציות פוט, המניה הראשונה שתמיד עולה זה טסלה. זה פשוט מדהים. הרעיון הזה עולה יותר פעמים מכל הרעיונות האחרים יחד! short TSLA נראה לי כמו אחד ה-most crowded trades שיש עכשיו, כמעט כמו short volatility. לא יודע אם ילך להם או לא, אבל אני נשאר בצד לגבי טסלה ומחפש רעיונות אחרים. אני לא אוהב להיות בצד השני של ההימור מאלון מאסק. האם יש למישהו פה רעיון אחר לשורט טוב, שהוא לא טסלה?

נושאים דומים

Back
למעלה